Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Compositing my part of the Animation

When my turn came to do my part of the compositing for our scene this is what Ainsley had already done.


When my turn came to do the compositing I changed the colouring of the live-action footage. I also changed the lighting on the character itself. I also added a tritone layer over the top to give a sepia tone to the scene. I also had to change the colour of the text from black to white in order to be able to see it.



After that I did the finishing touches. I added some fractal noise to the tricolour layer to make it slightly cloudy and on a layer on top of that I added a Rolling Shutter Repair effect to make it appear as if the camera was shaking.

After that I added a stock video file of old film footage effects and set the later to multiply so that it would have the old film look that I was aiming for. Then it was shown to me how I could get rid of the car tyre in the top left hand corner using photoshop.

I then replaced the old background of the live-action footage with the new altered image and rendered out the whole thing.

Here is the result:


No comments:

Post a Comment