Friday, 5 December 2014

Compositng

We did a class on compositing a while back which I missed. What I've done with this exercise is a 3D Shadow composite in After Effects following THIS tutorial on Video Copilot.
It was a quick tutorial and was easy to follow.
So I started with the image that the site provided and I made a white solid which I rotated and moved down to the ground. Then I created a camera which allowed me to move the ground plane into place properly. I also turned the ground plane into a grid which allowed me to see the image behind it.
After that was done I put the layer into Multiply mode.




 After that I created the text, moved it into place and then I created the light. I turned on shadows and changed the text layer so that it wouldn't take shadows. I also changed some other settings on the light but I can't remember what they are called anymore.
I then moved the light around until I got the shadows that I wanted.


I then used a colour ramp on the Text layer to make it look like the light was hitting the text.

This is my final result.



And here it is after I rendered it out.


 It's not the best but it was a quick compositing exercise. When I have more time I will definitely be going back to Video Copilot to do more of those tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment